Post-Fire Damage Tips and Services
As a national leader in disaster renovation, your SERVPRO of South Brevard, professionals are ready to restore and clean your property so it feels like home again. Not only are our highly trained professionals faster to any sized disaster, SERVPRO is the preferred vendor among insurance companies locally and nationwide. In the event of a fire, our specially trained fire restoration team has the experience and training to clean and restore your Melbourne or Palm Bay home to its pre-fire glory.
A fire can be devastating to your home and once the fire trucks leave and the flames are gone, your home will most likely suffer from fire, smoke, and water damage. Following a fire, the primary focus is always safety. It’s important to ask yourself if it’s safe to go into your home. Oftentimes electrical and “slip and fall”, hazards are primary safety concerns.
Here’s what to do after a fire:
- Limit movement in your home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep your hands clean so you don’t add more damage to upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If the electricity is off, empty your freezer and refrigerator and prop the doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
To keep you, your home, and your family safe, here’s what NOT to do following a fire:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your Melbourne SERVPRO Professional.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
As your source for fire damage repair and restoration, our team has the restore vs. replace mentality to save you time and money so that you can get back to normal as soon as possible. Our post-fire restoration services include:
Since smoke and fire can damage your ceilings, walls, carpeting, and floors, our team will have to do a thorough cleaning. Your Melbourne SERVPRO professional will assess the damages to your home to determine the extent of the damage and choose the best equipment and products for the different surfaces in your home.
Anything that can be restored in your home will be properly clean and deodorized to their pre fire condition. Rugs, draperies, furniture, and upholstery will be carefully inspected and tested to determine the best cleaning methods. All other restorable contents, including electronics, art, kitchen items, and more will also be assessed for cleaning.
Our professionals are also trained to remove the post-fire smoke odor from your home. Our team doesn’t simply cover up smoke odors, but rather finds the source of the odor and removes it. Your Melbourne SERVPRO professional will be able to explain the different deodorization methods for your home.
Your SERVPRO of South Brevard professionals are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so that you’re not alone when faced with a tragedy to your home. Our team understands how devastating a fire can be to you and your family, which is why our emergency restoration process begins just one hour following the notification of loss. Here’s how it works:
Hour One: Within one hour of notice, your SERVPRO professional will contact you to arrange for service.
Hour Four: Within four hours, your SERVPRO team will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to restoration is responding quickly to reduce damages and save you money.
Explanation: Your extensively trained SERVPRO professional will walk your through the job process step-by-step so that you know what to expect throughout your restoration.
Pretesting: Your team will begin pretesting for restoration, working from the source of the damage outward.
Hour Eight: A verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to you, your adjustor, or property manager.
Cleaning, Restoration, and Deodorization: Your SERVPRO team will work quickly and delicately to help you regain control of your home. With our state-of-the-art restoration techniques, we’ll make sure your property is properly cared for from the start.
Final Walk-Through: After all the work is completed, your SERVPRO professionals will walk you through your home to ensure your complete satisfaction.
In the event of a fire emergency to your home, our team is equipped to help restore your home as soon as possible. As your Melbourne disaster restoration professionals, we have the training and experience to help you through every step of your fire damage repair process. If you’ve experienced fire damage to your home or would like to learn more about our services, contact us today!