Holiday Ready? Safety is Key
Christmas trees aren't the only item you'll need to be careful with around the Holidays. Decorative house lights, candles, and holiday decorations bring joy and cheer to the holiday season but if not used with caution your holidays may go from festive to frightening. Fire Departments say every two out of five home fires are from holiday decorative candles. Reduce the fire risk in your home by simple following these tips.
Holiday Safety Tips
- Make sure all outdoor light connectors are away from metal rain gutters and off the ground.
- Use only a single extension cord that can reach your home's outlet without being too long and being tangled.
- Make sure lights are off when you go out and before you turn in for the night.
- To lessen the chance of a fire hazard, purchase a freshly cut tree.
- Make sure to keep your tree at least three feet away from any heat source.
- Water the tree every day, and remove it from your home after Christmas or once it becomes dry.
- Don't burn Christmas tree branches or wrapping paper in your fireplace.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that could burn.
- Consider using battery-operated flameless candles, which can look, smell and feel like real candles.
- If you do use lit candles, make sure they are in stable holders and place them where they cannot be knocked down easily.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Brevard is locally owned and operated so we are part of the Melbourne Beach, Florida community too. When you have a fire, flooding or water emergency, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
As fire and water damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Please call (321) 777-5131